Kenzen Lactoferrin Supplement
Reinforces the natural defenses of the body
The Building Block of Life and Mother Nature’s Immune Booster
What is Lactoferrin?
Lactoferrin – from lacto (milk) and ferrin (iron) – is a basic building block of life and so much an essential protein that it is among the first nutrients received by all mammals in breast milk. In short, it is vital for health.
Lactoferrin is vital to a number of important physiological functions:
- It helps you absorb and utilise iron and other essential trace minerals such as copper, zinc, manganese and vanadium.
- It increases anti-oxidant activity
- It assists in preserving intestinal health
- It helps maintain beneficial bacteria (probiotics)
- It increases the body’s response to inflammation
- It inhibits growth-multiplication of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites
- It neutralises toxic and allergic compounds
But Lactoferrin’s primary role is to provide support for your immune system.
Do I Need a Lactoferrin Supplement?
The short answer is that yes, a healthy life requires Lactoferrin supplementation.
Lactoferrin is provided naturally in dairy foods. Yet, many people are lactose intolerant, while others try to avoid the fat and calories that are contained in many dairy products.
The simple, convenient way to get all of the lactoferrin your body depends on without the need to eat a 450g block of cheese or a pint of milk a day.
You can simply take a lactoferrin supplement.
Nikken Kenzen Lactoferrin 2.0 Supplement is safe for people who are lactose-intolerant or have milk allergies.
The milk protein found in lactoferrin is different from the milk sugar lactose. If your are lactose intolerant your body cannot produce lactase, the sugar splitting enzyme required for the digestion of lactose. Since lactoferrin doesn’t contain lactose this is NOT a concern.
Most children ‘grow out’ of an allergy to milk protein and extremely rare in adults. That being said, the milk proteins that are reportedly associated with allergic reactions (casein, casein derivatives, lactalbumin, beta-lactoglobulin, and bovine serum albumin) are NOT present in lactoferrin.
No known human allergic reaction lactoferrin-associated milk protein has ever been reported.
Causes of Lactoferrin Depletion
- Dietary habits
- Stress and fatigue
- Sports and exercise
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Bathing and brushing
- Anxiety and depression
- Allergy and inflammation
- Injury and healing
- Infection and periodontitis
- Cancer and other diseases
Which Lactoferrin Supplement?
- Steer clear of whey-based products
- Opt for a bovine milk-based product from cows that have been isolated from known dairy pathogens
- Look for manufacturing processes that remove all bacteria, yeast and mould
- Be sure it contains 80% iron-free lactoferrin and 20% iron-saturated lactoferrin
- Make sure the capsules are vegetable based, not gelatin
Today’s lifestyle is rife with immune saboteurs: our poor dietary and work habits, excess stress, and toxic environmental factors – just to name a few.
All of these factors work to rob your body of lactoferrin, which is critical in supporting a healthy immune system. As a result, more and more people are finding themselves at increased risk for infections, intestinal irregularity, and even pain.
Replenishing your stores of Lactoferrin can help offset these assaults. By interacting with specific receptors on blood cells and regulating several biochemical mediators of immune response, lactoferrin can help stimulate immune function.
Kenzen Lactoferrin Supplement – Recommended Use
- Take with PiMag Water
- 1 x Capsule per day (200mg lactoferrin is adequate for a normal healthy individuals
- People with serious health challenges or those who deplete lactoferrin rapidly can take up to 3 capsules a day
- Safe for anyone over 4 years old
- No contra-indications – enhances the effect of many medications
- Safe for people who are lactose-intolerant or have milk allergies
Nikken’s Kenzen Lactoferrin 2.0 supplement formulation also contains organic Inulin, organic Ginger, organic Turmeric and organic Rhodiola, a combination that works to produce antioxidant effects and anti-inflammatory properties.
Nikken Kenzen Lactoferrin Supplement 2.0
Features and Benefits
Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory
- Regulates iron metabolism, preventing oxidation
- Increases the effect of other antioxidants
- Controls cell or tissue damage (i.e. anti-aging)
- Balances immune system activity
- Can suppress tumour growth
- Enriches red blood cells and helps transport oxygen
- Defends against invading pathogens and other disease-causing agents.
- Can provide relief for candida yeast and athlete’s foot.
- Can increase the effect and decrease the side effects of antibiotics and anti-fungal drugs.
- Increases the intestinal absorption of all nutrients
- Maintains healthy flora
- Protects the intestinal mucous
- Supports the digestive system